Monday 26 March 2012

The sun has got his hat on!!

Hip hip hip hip hoooorrrraaayyyy!!

Well what a gorgeous week of weather we have had! The sun has been shining, the birds are singing! OooOOoo just makes you smile!!

Well I hope you have been enjoying the weather and making the most of dusting down the patio set and maybe even the BBQ!

I had a little creative weekend but not with inks this time, I was bought a sewing machine as a gift and so decided to play with that and think about how I'm planning to make the curtains for baby's room!  The need is fast approaching!

But I did make something inky this week I want to share with you!



I wanted somewhere nice to keep all my Stampers annonymous Tim Holtz stamps, and due to overspend on these stamps, could not afford to buy the binder! So I decided to make my own!
I ripped apart an old A4 file to get the card board out of the middle.  I cut this down and then covered with craft resist paper and inked with broken chine distress stains.  Some tissue tape round the edges to mask my awful cutting and also add a different element.


I added some idea-ology and also some stamping.  The buttons I love and found them in a vintage shop.  I pierced the holes and then used the idea-ology d clips to fasten together! Ta daa!!
I love this book as my favourite colour is teal.  The broken china distress ink on the craft resist paper makes the perfect colour!


For anyone out there taking part in Creative Chemistry 101 by Mr Tim Holtz I hope you are enjoying it as much as me!!!
Well I hope to be back soon with some more makes, I still have a couple of canvases backed up ready to be put on here so no doubt I will be back tomorrow with more funky inky!!

Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment