Monday 5 March 2012

Monday.......................again!

Hello!

Where did the weekend go again??  It goes far too quickly! Especially when you have a million and one things you want to do!

Saturday was a nice day, started by going down to the Crafty Bunch Telford for the demo day where I saw the lovely Nicky and her creations and where Sue also robbed my debit card in exchange for some Tim Holtz stamps! 

Sunday was confusing, snow, rain and sun all in one day?!  I woke super early so found myself at 6 and half months pregnant building flat pack furniture for the wee ones bedroom!  It's actually starting to look like a nursery now! :)

I did some crafting over the weekend and made a card for a friend.  She has a twin sister and finds it really hard to find something personal for her twin so I had a go and here is the finished thing!


I have created this using an 8 x8 card blank.  I distressed the edges with Victorian velvet distress ink.  I have then used the new papermania papers and ripped them into pieces and distressed them with milled lavender and dusty concord.



I have die cut the Tim Holtz caged Bird with grungeboard.  The cage has got a layer of picket fence on it and the bird a layer of the matching papers for the card and then distressed with antique linen and vintage photo distress inks.  I added some pearls to the bottom to give it a bit of elegance.

I loved making this personal to my friend by adding the 'to my twin' letter in grungeboard.  I layered them with picket fence (at which point I also layered my fingers!) and then went over with Victorian velvet dabbing the letters with cut and dry.



I finished it off with some idea-ology and also a Tim Holtz rosette distressed with Victoria velvet!

I loved making this card and think it's really pretty and I would love to receive it.  I think part of the reason I enjoyed making it so much was the fact that I accidentally used silicone glue and wondered why I started to feel a little bit light headed!

Well hopefully I'll do having a play this week and be able to post some more of my makes!

Happy Inking!

Beth xxx

1 comment: